THE CANADIAN PRESS (The Company)
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
1. Use of this website is conditioned on the acceptance, without modification, of all terms and conditions of this agreement. By using this website you represent that you have read and understand the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as set forth below.
2. The Company reserves the right at its discretion to modify the terms and conditions under which this website is offered. Use of this website after the posting of any such modification constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as modified.
3. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this website and do not wish to be bound by them, please do not use this website or download any materials from this website.
4. All material ("Materials") displayed or transmitted on this site, including but not limited to text, photographs, images, illustrations, video clips, audio clips, and graphics are owned by the Company or its members, and are protected by Canadian and international copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary rights, laws and treaties.
5. Except as provided in this agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, rent, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, repost, perform, display, or in any way commercially exploit the Materials carried on this site, nor may you infringe upon any of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights contained in the Materials. You may not remove or alter, nor cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices or visual marks and logos from the Materials.
6. You may make a single print copy of any of the Materials carried by the Company on this website for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not remove nor cause to be removed any copyright, trademarks, or other proprietary notices or visual marks or logos from the Material. You may not archive or retain any of the Materials accessed on this website without the express written permission of the Company. All requests for archiving, republication or retention of any part of the Materials must be in writing to the Company clearly stating the purpose and manner in which the Material will be used. Requests for permission to archive, retain, or republish any part of the Materials may be submitted to the Company at 36 King Street East, Toronto, Ont. M5C 2L9 or by fax to 416-364-9283.
7. You acquire no rights or licence whatsoever in the Materials other than the limited rights to use the site in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any of the Materials accessed or downloaded from this site must be accessed or downloaded in accordance with the terms and conditions of use specified in this agreement. The Company reserves any rights not expressly granted under these terms and conditions of use.
8. The Company reserves the right to modify, update, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use of or access to this website or any portion of this website, at any time and without notice or liability.
9. ALTHOUGH ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CARRIED ON THIS WEBSITE IS BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, NEITHER EXPRESSLY NOR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE MATERIALS OR ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE. BY USING THIS WEBSITE OR BY RELYING ON ANY OF THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CARRIED ON THIS WEBSITE YOU ASSUME ALL THE RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY ARISING OUT OF USE OR RELIANCE ON THIS WEBSITE. THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIALS CARRIED ON THIS WEBSITE.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR ACCESS, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THIS SITE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS SITE IS FREE OF DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS CREATED BY SUBSCRIBERS TO THE WEBSITE.
10. This website may from time to time contain links or pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. The Company does not operate or control in any way any information, products or services on these third-party sites and the Company expressly disclaims any responsibility for such third-party sites, which are provided for your convenience on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
11. This agreement shall be governed by, subject to and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the parties agree that the court of the Province of Ontario shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising under this agreement. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Any remaining provisions shall be given effect to the fullest extent possible.
12. This constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the terms and conditions of use of this website.
13. All email sent to the email addresses of the Company becomes the property of Company. The Company reserves the right, but shall not be obligated to, publish any email message received, in whole or in part, or make such other use as the Company in its sole discretion sees fit.
14. You will select a username and password to access your account to verify identity and modify your account information. You must be logged into the website, using your username and password, to access your account. The Company is entitled to act on instructions received under your password. You are responsible for keeping your username, password, and other account information confidential. The Company is not responsible for any changes to your account by someone else who uses your password.
15. Any failure to comply with this agreement, any fraud or abuse, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to the Company by you, or anyone acting on your behalf, may result in termination of your subscription to the website.